Sunday, July 31, 2016

Weddings part 2

So yesterday was the wedding. And it was everything you could hope it would be.

The wedding ceremony itself was in the back yard garden at Home Sweet Home Museum in the historic district of East Hampton Village. A more perfect setting you could not have asked for. It was beautiful. The reception was right next door on the grounds of the equally beautiful Mulford Farm, built in 1680 and as lovely today as it ever was. Dinner was in the large tent and the band with dancing was in the amazing 18th century barn. My whole family as there, including most of the grandchildren, so all my favorite people were in attendance. Watching the kids dance together, spending time with my brother, sisters, spouses, nieces and nephews, and all those people who have married in to our crazy family...well, it just doesn't get much better than that.

The band was a "Texas swing band" and they did many wonderful songs from the 30s and 40s with polish and panache. There was an abundance of good cheer, the food was great, and despite the heat that nearly sent me into convulsions, I loved every single minute of it. It truly was one of those occasions you wish would never end.

I'm not sure I'll ever see another wedding like it and I'm not sure I'll ever attend one with more trepidation. My own circumstances made me sad, but the whole thing made me realize that life does go on, and there will still be joy in my future. Because when there is this much love to go around, I have nothing to complain about.

No comments: