Friday, July 22, 2016

Reflection

I've had plenty of time for reflection this week. With my car out of service for the third day, and probably a week ahead without it, I have lots of opportunity to read, think, and contemplate life and all that goes along with it right now. And that's a good thing.

I have so many blessings in my life that I cannot complain about the bad things. There are always people who are worse off, who are hungry, sick, living in terrible conditions. I know this and I don't take my life for granted. I have a wonderful family, amazing children, siblings I love, nieces and nephews who are here for me if I need them, and so many supportive friends I sometimes am embarrassed by the riches. I treasure all those things and when difficult days come, these are the things that make life worth the living for me. In the grand scheme of things, these are the reasons I want to live life to the fullest.

Reflection helps us to keep our perspective during the difficult days that come to all of us. And despite the fact that I've been home most all of the past three days, the television has barely been on. I am spending this bonus period reading, googling, praying, meditating, and just being with myself in thought, thinking and wondering about the future.

Of course none of us knows what the future holds-I certainly know that because if you'd asked me a month ago if I would be where I am at this moment I would never have imagined it. But I do think that my future looks pretty bright. And right now, that's enough to hold onto.

No comments: