Saturday, July 16, 2016

Friends

There's a saying something like "friends are the family we choose for ourselves". While I happen to have a pretty great family, I also have some pretty amazing friends. Right now they are my lifeline.

My house has had a revolving door of late and every day brings new friends by to visit. It's only 1:00 today and already I've had five visitors and two phone calls. People care about me and that is an amazing thing. I don't take that lightly and I don't take it for granted because its an amazing gift.

When times are tough its those special people we call friends and family who really come through for you. And I don't mean only the people who feel as though they can pop in at an time.There are friends that might not be the people we see regularly or the people we call on when we need a ride at 2:00 in the morning, but you know you could. They're the people who come out of the woodwork when tragedy strikes to see how they can help, and there's no doubt that they truly care. I know it in my heart and they show it in so many ways.

I am so grateful for those friends - all of them - right now: the ones who are keeping me close in their sites and the ones who are offering support from afar.

There's another saying that goes something like this: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". Cute, right? My feeling is who needs lemonade when you already have all that sugar right there for the using...

No comments: