Friday, July 8, 2016

Company

So today I was lucky enough to have my six-year-old granddaughter with me for quite a few hours. It made for a wonderful day - for me at least.

I adore all of my grandchildren. Just as one could never choose a favorite child, each grandchild has a special place in one's heart and there is no such thing as a favorite. We love them all for the unique creatures they are, each one with their special gifts.

This little girl's gift is, I believe, joy. She is like a little package of sunshine, almost always smiling, thrilled to see you, happy-go-lucky, and very sweet. The few times I've seen her sad brought me to tears myself simply because it was so out of character. She is so much fun to have around that my heart smiles when I hear her coming in the back door.

So for a few hours at least, I was able to forget about the heavy things I'm dealing with in my life right now and just enjoy the presence of some sunshine on this,  a sort of dark day.

1 comment:

Leslie Lim said...


This is really an interesting topic. Congratulations to the writer. I'm sure a lot of readers having fun reading your post. Hoping to read more post from you in the future. Thank you and God bless!


www.imarksweb.org