Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesdays

Wednesdays have become my favorite days.

To me, this is my day off. Its the only day of the week I rarely have a meeting, or appointment, or any serious scheduling issue. I can get the grocery shopping done, the laundry done, my errands done, and catch up on all sorts of things, like paying bills and sending cards. I really love my Wednesdays.

Today the weather is beautiful and its a great day for running around town hither and yon, stopping at the stores I need to shop in and seeing the people I need to see. Later this afternoon I have some things to do but I have the freedom to say "no" to any of them if I so desire.

Saturdays are the traditional day off for most of the world but it never worked out that way for me. When I was young I worked retail, so those were work days. When I had a family my husband worked retail so he was working and I was busy with kids home from school. Sundays were church and family days. I have rarely had days that were just mine, to do with what I wanted, or do nothing at all if that's what made me happy.

Today, having a Wednesday makes me happy. I have plenty to do, but I got the exercise and grocery shopping in very early and now its all things I want to do. And that's the very best.

No comments: