Saturday, June 25, 2016

Picture perfect

Picture perfect days are rare, but we seem to have had more than our share this month. With only one week left in June I'm going to be sorry to see it leave because I know what lies ahead in July and August.

Last night we had a photo session planned at the beach. I booked it two weeks ago, and honestly thought it might never happen. With the entire family all in town for a few weeks it was certainly worth trying, but what are the chances, right? I booked the first night I could get with the photographer, then sat back and crossed my fingers. And it was a beautiful evening when we gathered at Wiborg's, waiting for the photographer to arrive. The kids had a great time rolling around in the sand, getting rid of some of that energy while we sat in the dune watching.

The photographer was great and managed to get some beautiful shots of all the groups: everyone, all the kids, kids with grandparents, each family-we did it all. Some sitting, some walking, some jumping, some standing on the water's edge...she got the kids to cooperate and I can't wait to see the results. I know we have some good ones coming.

It truly was a "picture perfect" night, with blue skies, white fluffy clouds, sand, beach grass, surf-what more could we have asked? It's been years since we've managed to get everyone in the same place at the same time, with a person present who could capture it all. And it was well worth the wait.