Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Philosophically

This time of the year makes me philosophical. The tourist season is upon us,many the complaints have begun. I find the natives get pretty restless...and a lot impatient.

I've lived here my whole life, so I'm used to the summer crowds. They've always been with us. Of course worse now than fifty years ago, but hey-nothing is the same way it was fifty years ago! I've learned to adjust to it all. I don't make left turns, I find ways around the busiest places and plan around the busiest times. I shop very early in the morning and I don't try to go anywhere on the forth of July. This is where we live and I love it 9 months out of the year. I tolerate the other three.

But sadly, others who live here allow themselves to get angry, impatient, and stressed. And that's not good for any of us because they get equally impatient and angry with us. It's as though someone claims open season on all of us and no one is safe from the crazy driving and unpleasant language, regardless of who lives where.

I guess I have a hard time understanding why folks who are that miserable don't go someplace else. For me, the joys of this place far outweigh the other side of things. If it didn't I would go.

I much prefer to see the bright side of things. After all, I live in a place that people pay a lot of money to visit. I love it here and I feel very fortunate to be here. And a little traffic is not going to make me sad about that!

No comments: