Thursday, May 19, 2016

Overnight

Well we got our rain...overnight! The perfect time for rain. The walkways and grass was wet this morning when we went for our early walk, but now the sun is shining and the skies are beautiful. This is how we like our weather!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a perfect day and we always love to hear those forecasts.

This morning I went into my computer and booked flights for our trip this coming November. We're taking our two eldest grandchildren to Disney World for a weekend. This will be the third year in a row to visit that magical place, and it's a bit of a record for us. We haven't been able to take regular yearly vacations throughout our life together, so flying to Florida three years in a row is pretty exciting.

Now that I've made the air reservations I'm getting excited about the trip. I love that place and having these two grandkids (and their mothers) with us will be really great. I've found that anytime you get a few family members together it's a special treat. I love the chaos of having everyone at once, but breaking things down has pleasures of its own. We'll be making memories again. I love to do that. When you get to be our age you realize that memories, at the end of the day, are our best friends.

And it's really nice to have something to look forward to.

No comments: