Monday, May 9, 2016

Make-up

This has been a heaven; day for me. I called it a "make-up" day. Because I normally babysit on Mondays but today I was given the day off so I had a free day, all to myself, with no plans on the agenda. And after a week away I needed it.

To top off this free day, it is simply perfect weather. The sun is shining, the temperature is pleasant, I am wearing long sleeves but no jacket (my kinds of day), and traffic is still nice and tolerable with only we locals tooling around. I did all the things that needed doing: sorted a week's worth of mail, threw a load of laundry in the machine, visited the local flower store to order something and picked up three hanging planters while I was there, stopped at the pharmacy, went to village hall to check in and met with some folks there to discuss roads and parking issues, met with someone who I needed to make plans with for this weekend's seminar that I'm helping with, paid my town taxes, wrapped some Christmas gifts, bought groceries.....it's been a most satisfying day! I simply took each task that needed doing and checked them off the list, one at a time, completing each and then moving on to the next. I feels good to be organized and feel as though I've actually done something other than race from one thing to another. And to top it all off, tonight is a free night too! (With the exception of the fact that I'm on ambulance duty, but that's something that could be no bother at all...we shall see!)

I would go so far as to call this a "mental health day". Its not the kind that some people take, which amounts to sitting around in pajamas reading a book or whatever, but it was a day to get things done, move forward, and feel good about where I am. And all that was accomplished.

The rest of the week is a busy one, with plenty to keep me hopping. But for right now, for today at least, I feel very much in control. Its been a good day.

No comments: