Sunday, May 22, 2016

Funday

Today was a "Sunday Funday" for me.

We attended the baptism of two children in the family today. Two of my nieces had babies and decided to do something together, so baby Thomas and baby Sadie were baptized in the beautiful, historic Old Whalers' church this morning. It was a lovely service, which I had the privilege of performing at with other family members, and we rejoiced in the births of these beautiful new members of our family.

After church was over we met at my sister's home for food and it's been awhile since I've seen some of those family members so this was a special treat. Watching the youngest generation playing together, as we would folks sat and enjoyed our conversations, was life-affirming and heart-warming. It was such a joy to be with people I love.  And to celebrate life and family.

I kept thinking about how my mother must have been smiling down on this crazy, wonderful bunch that she was responsible for. I hope she was watching.

No comments: