Saturday, May 21, 2016

Clouds

Today is a bit bipolar I think. The morning was bright and sunny, warm even. I wore a long-sleeved shirt but no layers as has been my usual lately. Simple cotton was all I needed. It was a nice day to get out in the yard and work on projects.


Here it is late afternoon now though and its cloudy, cold, and downright depressing out there. It looks as though rain will begin falling at any moment, and I suspect that's exactly what's going to happen.

May has been a strange month this year. We get glimpses of summer, with warm days looking every bit as beautiful as a day in July. The landscapes are never more beautiful than they are right now, all bright green grass and lovely spring flowers in every direction. Even the beach looks inviting, although I'll admit I'm not a huge beachgoer. I do love t look at the surf though, and it was beautiful today, with slowly rolling waves creeping up onto the shore. The sand has been replenished from the ravages of winter and clearly we are ready for the season to start.

There's that undeniable "thing" in the air right now - the feeling of the season getting ready to burst into full view, with crowds descending and parties plentiful. Riding through town today it was evident as crowds were beginning to appear on Main Street and bikers were everywhere. Yes, its coming at us quickly now. Not much time to waste if we aren't prepared for it.

The clouds are going to be with us for a few days I guess.It seems to be a pattern we're in right now. But by the end of next week the sun will break through again and truly usher in Memorial Day, when it rarely rains. Time to hunker down...

No comments: