Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Busy days

Now that the weather has cleared and the sun is out my days are busy. There are plants to buy, curtains to hang, lots of spring duties and house maintenance issues to manage.


Here is a typical day in my life: 7:00 am -Head out to the hospital for volunteering; 9:00 am -Run back to EH for an executive board meeting at village hall; 10:30 -Grab some groceries to fill the empty cupboards; 11:00 -Run to the pharmacy to grab my prescription; 11:30 -stop to get a couple signatures on my voting petition; 12:30 - Get something to eat; 1:00 - Meeting for a church group at private home; 3:00 -Home to put my feet up; 4:00 - Possibly a Little League game or some such thing; 5:00 - Home to change clothes; 5:30 - Head west again for a dinner obligation; 8:30 - Home for the night; 9:30 in bed. And so it goes, more or less, with that as a typical day in my life. Oh, its different every day - in about 15 minutes I'm heading to Southampton for a meeting at the hospital, then home to watch my sweet granddaughter for awhile, then dropping her cousins off at their house after picking them up at various places, etc.....each day different but each very full.

I love this life. I love the variety of it and the busyness of it and I don't want it to be any other way. Its especially enjoyable when the weather is perfect the way it is right now, with the sun shining and the temperatures comfortable...I am a happy camper.

I think the most difficult thing about being sick, having chemotherapy, or a chronic debilitating illness, or injury, is simply that it takes us out of what we do that makes us who we are. We can't do errands, or the activities we enjoy, working, or playing - its alters out lives and we no longer have control over what we do. Its devastating.

Right now I'm healthy and doing all the things I love to do. And grateful for the blessing.

No comments: