Friday, April 8, 2016

Westward

Today I had fun shopping with two of my girls. I know that some people assume since three of my children live in East Hampton I must do things like this all the time, but with everyone working and raising families, it truly is a rarity.

We left East Hampton right after the kids were all dropped at school, heading toward Riverhead. We shopped at Target and Costco and then turned back toward home. In Hampton Bays we made a quick detour to Macy's where both the girls picked up some things. Then we stopped for lunch in Southampton, enjoying some good food and conversation for an hour at a local pub. Then Pier 1 was calling and I picked up some candles for the outdoor nights to come this summer.

It was a real treat for me and, although I only bought a handful of things (mostly at the dollar rack at Target-my favorite place!) I had a thoroughly delightful day just hanging with my girls. I wish all four of them could have joined us. But I'll take what I can get.

No comments: