Saturday, April 2, 2016

Rainy blues

It seems as though April is roaring in like a lion after March's lamb of a departure. Oh the mysteries of weather, especially in the spring!

The rain today is making for lots of inside work here at our house. So far the ziti has been put together for tomorrow, the sofa has been cleaned, the carpets rolled up and floors cleaned, one dump run, some labels put onto the new bins that are organizing all the junk over the washer and dryer, and let's see...oh yes! The bedding was changed in our room. Not a bad morning's work considering it's not even eleven yet.

The problem is what to do with the rest of the day. If it were up to me we'd go to a museum, or play board games, but my husband would have none of that. The television will be on by noon and won't go off until we leave for dinner at friends' later. Sometimes I truly hate that thing. It could be a factor in divorce proceedings were I so inclined!

These are the times I miss both my mother and my best friend. Having Mom next door meant I always had someone to sit and talk to without going far from home. And I could always call my friend and see if she wanted to go someplace to browse, like Bridgehampton Commons. They were my two go-to people when I was bored or lonely, and now they're both gone. My life has changed dramatically since losing them-more than anyone else realizes, I'm sure. They were my confidantes, my support system, my company. I've been lonely without them but, well, life goes on. And life in general is good, with lots of people to love and plenty to keep me busy. It's just that, well, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with myself on rainy Saturdays when the work is done...

No comments: