Saturday, April 23, 2016

Chores


It was a rainy morning when we got out of bed and there were blessedly no meetings or events on our calendar so we got ourselves together at a leisurely pace and set about doing some projects. For me it was wrapping some Christmas gifts. I've done some shopping over the past few months and the boxes were beginning to accumulate so I needed to get things organized. I wrapped ten gifts, write them down in the file so is remember what I had, and then get them up in the attic, not to see the light again until December 24th. I still have plenty of shopping to do-thus it is with a large family-but today I took a little chunk out of that duty.

My husband, on the other hand, chose the kitchen for his work room. He had recently ordered four wooden benches for the back yard to go with the yard sale table we found for extra seating when the whole family is here. They came knocked down and had to be assembled, so one at a time he opened the flat boxes and put them together. They're nice looking and were reasonably priced, and we were both pleased with the finished product.

By late morning the rain had subsided and we were able to get the benches outside and hit the road for some errands. We're going out locally with friends for dinner so this afternoon I baked a cake for tomorrow's lunch with family and stretched out on the couch for a bit of  relaxation. It's been a nice day, really. Saturday's are often hectic and full for us so this was a pleasant change from the norm. Sometimes it's nice to just have a day to play catch-up, and this was one of those.

Chores need to be done. But relaxation is also good for the soul.

1 comment:

Ben Reichart said...

you sound super organized and efficient to me ! Christmas gifts, really ? I'll start shopping after Thanksgiving