Saturday, April 30, 2016

Cherry trees

I have a beautiful weeping cherry tree in my yard and it is at its best right now. It makes me smile every time I see it.

I often wish these beautiful ornamental trees and bushes would stay in bloom for the entire season, but I suppose if they did we would just take them for granted. After awhile I would walk by and barely notice it. But now, because it's so short-lived, I soak in the sight of it every chance I get. I stop, sometimes in my tracks, sometimes as I drive in the driveway, just to take a moment to appreciate the pink glory of it, so gracefully draping over the surrounding hedge and other landscaping. It's a wonderful, bright spot in the spring garden, welcoming us into the season with beautiful color and soft hanging limbs.

My mother loved cherry trees so it also reminds me of her every May, just in time for Mother's Day. I'd rather have her, but at least the memories come.

No comments: