Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Savings

I'm not sure what the "savings" is in daylight savings time, but let me just go on the record as saying I'm not a fan.

I've been yawning all week. The fact that I had to drag myself out of bed at 6am in the pitch dark when my body wanted to stay right where it was is only one of the things I dislike about it. I'm one of those people who wake with the sunlight and I've had no problem getting up and dressed at the same hour for weeks now as the sun came streaming into my bedroom window. Now, in this black morning, I'll need to get into my car and drive to Southampton, feeling every bit like it's still the dead of winter. I think we've taken two steps forward and then one step back.

Honestly I don't know why we can't just let nature take its course and stop messing with the clock. It's simply confusing. And as an early riser it's just not my favorite thing. Oh if only I could make all the rules...

No comments: