Friday, March 4, 2016

Birthdays

Today is the eighth birthday I've celebrated since I heard the words "It's malignant" from the radiologist.

Life changes forever when you hear those words. Suddenly everything is different. You see the world differently, you see your family differently, you see life differently. And birthdays take on a whole new meaning.

There's a commercial on television with a scene of a family birthday party. The tag line is "
The American Cancer Society: sponsor of birthdays". I can't tell you how many times I've watched that commercial and thought about all the people I owe my birthdays to. So many doctors, medical technicians of all sorts, lab workers, friends, family-a village, because that's what it takes.


So on this, a birthday I once wondered if I would ever see, I thank them all.

No comments: