Friday, February 5, 2016

White

It was raining when I got up this morning, but it's pretty white out there now. The snow is falling in bug chunky flakes, heavy and wet as it drops from the sky. I'm going to try to go out once an hour and scrape it off the walkways because it's going to be hard to shovel later on. They call this "heart attack snow" so the less of it shoveled at my age the better.

Fortunately I have no need to leave the house this morning. I have a birthday cake to decorate and tonight we'll be going out to celebrate with my grandson on his 11th, but hopefully by then the roads will be clear and we'll be able to get around with no problem. Schools are closed, but according to the weather experts it should all be over by mid-afternoon.

We can only hope that it all disappears as quickly this time as it did last. Snow is best when it acts like house quests-never overstaying it's welcome!

No comments: