Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Gray skies

 The sky was gray all day today with snow showers most of the time. It was pretty with the light snow falling steadily and I have to say, I love seeing people come in from the outside with a smattering of snowflake on their head and shoulders. It's cold today but I didn't need a warm hat, so my guess would be that it was in the 30s. Colder temperatures are coming though.

They're talking about double-digit below freezing numbers for the weekend coming up so I'm thinking we won't be spending much time outdoors. I've already made plans to have some friends for dinner Saturday and the grandchildren for a Valentine "party" on Sunday. I suspect I'll be inside most of the time, cozy in the house with friends and family. It's the best thing about winter for sure.

I'm hopeful that the roads and walkways will be free of ice when the temperatures drop. Snow I like-ice not so much. The older I get the more I worry about falls. But a good pair of boots and extreme caution are my bywords so I think I'll be fine.

We all need to be careful out there. Broken bones are no fun for anyone. But food and conversation can warm the coldest night. I'm looking forward to the weekend already.

No comments: