Saturday, February 27, 2016

Bye!

Time to say goodbye to February, and I'm a little sad to see it go. We had some lovely weather in February-beautiful snow as well as wonderful warm days. And most importantly, I caught up on lots of "stuff" in this, the deep dark days on winter.

I've been knitting and sewing. I've cleaned out files. I've entertained. I've enjoyed simple pleasures, like lunches watching the surf at Main Beach and shoveling newly fallen snow in the quiet of the morning. I love it when life slows down in the winter, after the holidays are done, before we need to start thinking about raking, painting, and other clean-up chores. These have been days of leisure but they haven't been quiet or slow. Winter-busy and summer-busy are two very different things. And viva la difference!

Our winter days are drawing short and the sun stays longer and longer. I don't have much time left now to do those winter things. But there are a few more weeks before the daffodils pop, and there is still much to be done....

No comments: