Thursday, February 25, 2016

Bay

I've written before about the wonderful view of the Ponquogue Bridge in Hampton Bays. When you come from Southampton and round the bend where the vista across the bay opens up, it's quite beautiful.

Today the wind was still whipping things up following a pretty wild night of thunderstorms. When I got to Hampton Bays today and came around that corner I was struck once again by the beauty of that water which stretches all the way to the Ponquoque Bridge. There were white caps across the entire bay and the water was a brown-blue, clearly showing how the bottom had been churned up overnight.  The colors, though not the usual blue, were stunning, he the white caps topping each little wave displayed the wind that was still so strong.

By the time I drive home a few hours later the water was calmer, although high wind is still supposed to be a factor tonight. The temperature may be mild, but nature continues to remind us that she's a powerful presence here on this island sticking out into the ocean. We're always vulnerable to the effects of the water, and sometimes we're enchanted by it. Today I was enchanted. 

1 comment:

Silvia Jacinto said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article, I hope you could inspire more people. Visit my site too.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net