Monday, January 4, 2016

Winter

There's no question we're into winter now, and with the holidays over I find I just want to inhabit winter completely. I want to curl up with a good book, play games around the dining room table, drink hot chocolate, have friends over for dinner, and make chili and pot roast. I am in a winter state-of-mind.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, with the sun shining and the town quiet. But it was just cold enough that once I got home from church I really didn't want to do another thing.  I wanted to sit on my couch and cocoon all afternoon. If I'd had my way I would have been eating cookies and drinking a hot toddy. It's just winter. And I am happy to have it.

The thing about winter is it takes the pressure out of getting stuff done. It makes it "OK" to read the Sunday papers all day. It makes it enviable to relax and enjoy doing nothing at all.

Yep-it's winter now, both on the calendar and in my head. And that's not a bad place to be.

No comments: