Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Winter sun

It's another beautiful sunny day here in East Hampton. I left the house at 7:00 for Southampton and it was already 40 degrees outside. The roads are wet from melting snow and the sidewalks are nice and clear, but I had to walk along the street when I arrived at my destination until I could find a break in the snow bank to cross to the sidewalk.

But the sun is bright, there is nary a cloud in the sky, and it's a beautiful blue. Winter can be so pretty here on the east end.

The day isn't over yet, and the rest of the week is supposed to be lovely too, so I don't think ice will be a problem. Last year it seemed as though we could never get out of the deep freeze, but by the weekend I'm hoping the snow will be gone. We can only hope that this year will make 2015 nothing more than a bad memory...

No comments: