Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Seasonal

The weather this week is what they describe as "seasonal". In January that's another term for "cold". And I'm enjoying it.

I love being under the down comforter with the bedroom window open. The cold, crisp fresh air tickles my nose but I'm warm and cozy in my winter bed. The only down side is that it's harder to get up and out in the morning because it's just so comfy in bed.

I love the bracing cold air that hits me in the face when I walk out the back door while it's still dark, heading into the village for my morning walk. I can walk at a nice fast pace and never feel the sweat dripping down my face, like it does during the warmer months. I need to cover my ears and hands against the cold air, but under my warm sweatshirt I'm warm and sweaty, getting in a good work out before the sun breaks the horizon.

I love the comfort of my living room with the gas fireplace throwing out nice warm air, me cuddled up on the couch with a blanket and remote at hand.

January has its challenges, ice and snow among them. But I am blessed to have a warm house and good company to ward off the chills that come with this page on the calendar.

It's seasonally cold and I honestly don't mind at the moment.

No comments: