Friday, January 15, 2016

Old friends

It's always interesting to me how our old memories stay so sharp in our minds. I may have trouble remembering what I walked into the room for, but I can recall every word to the song we sang in our fifth grade musical at school. Weird!

I think about this today because it's the birthday of an old friend. We first met when I was in the 5th grade and we remained friends for a very long time. She no longer lives near me so we don't see each other anymore, but every January 15th I think about her.

Today is her birthday. We celebrated many birthdays together through the years, and some of them I remember very well. Especially the ones during our high school years. And you just don't forget the things that were important to you back in the day. I regret that I can no longer celebrate with her, for old times sake, and in fact have lost contact with her so if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to send her a card. But the fact of the matter is, whether she knows it or not, she's always in my heart and I miss her. Especially on her birthday.

No comments: