Friday, January 22, 2016

iPad

I've enjoyed having an iPad, which was a gift a couple Christmases ago. Its a nice small size, easy to travel with, and convenient to keep by my couch in the living room for quick access to the internet when the home office (which is out on the sun porch) is too cold or dark for sitting at the desk and using the desktop. But this year I received a new laptop from my husband for Christmas and I've finally gotten around to using it. Gratefully so.

One of the problems with the iPad is that the keyboard is slow to manage. It takes longer and is more difficult to type on the keyboard of the iPad, and typos are much more common. The spellcheck is also ridiculous, changing simple words that are not mis-typed into things with completely different meanings, often missed by me if I'm in a hurry and don't take the time to proof read. Sometimes when I go back and look at old blogs I've been chagrined at the mistakes.

So now I have this new laptop and I'm adjusting to yet another new keyboard and layout, but I think this one might be the best one yet. Other than my desktop, this one is really great. It certainly is the best laptop I've had and I have no doubt it will soon take over as my go-to computer word processor. Perhaps my sad typing skills will be less obvious from now on. We shall see!

Now...about that iPad....

No comments: