Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Deep

We are in the deep freeze right now. Single digit wind chills when I left the house this morning and not much better now. The wind bites into your face when it hits and lifts your scarf off your shoulders, blowing it around and whipping it into your face.

I don't want to sound like a Pollyanna here, but honestly I don't mind it. I walked out of the house this morning and that wind hit me and my reaction was "wow-it's good to be alive!" Coincidentally I was going for my annual,mammogram this morning. Perhaps that was enough of a reminder of life's fragility to make me welcome the reminder. The reminder of how quickly things change is not needed for me. It's never far from my mind.

So I enjoyed the wind and the cold this morning. I took it in and let it warm my heart at the memory that I m lucky to be here. And determined to treasure the gift that this day is. Bring on the deep freeze. I'll enjoy it!

No comments: