Thursday, January 21, 2016

American Tail

I have a sick granddaughter
here at me house today and I put an old movie on for her to watch. It's been so many years since I watched this movie-since my own children were young-that I'd forgotten so much of the details. It's called "An American Tail". In fact, as the opening credits were rolling I saw that it was a Steven Spielberg production. Who knew?

Instead of a simple animated story about a bunch mice, turns out it's a complicated story about immigration, persecution, heartache, longing, loss, adventure, and finally, family and love. There is much more to it than one might expect on first blush.

It also struck me as a very timely "tale" for today. Because it seems as though some things don't change all that much here in America. An American tale indeed.

No comments: