Monday, December 21, 2015

Tradition

Last night as our annual viewing of my favorite Christmas movie "It's a Wonderful Life". Every year we watch it and every year it puts me in the Christmas spirit totally. It's a tale of  great gift given to a very deserving man named George Bailey. At a low point in his life, when he is contemplating suicide, he is given the ability to glimpse the world as it would have been had he never been born.

This year we invited the grandchildren and their parents to join us for the screening, and I was pleased at how interested they were in it. After all, it is set in the year 1928 nod is in bulk & whit, so I wasn't sure children of the age of technology would be engaged by it. But they were. A will admit to dozing off myself for about ten minutes due to some very short nights recently, but I was full awake for the final scene, always my favorite.

Now, I'm really ready for Christmas....

No comments: