Friday, December 11, 2015

Calendar

I had to get my new calendar out this morning. I received an email notice of a meeting on January 6th. My first entry.

Now I'm committed to sitting down and going through my 2015 calendar to transfer birthdays, anniversaries, regular meetings and other scheduled things into my new one, lest I forget something important in the next year. I think that is a job for later this afternoon when I get home from my day's activities. Time to put my feet up and rest before venturing out again tonight. I enjoy going through the calendar really as I am able to relive some highlights and enjoy some of the special times we had this past year. The older I get the more I enjoy those memories. When I was young I was too fixated on the future and not enough on the present. Now the present is all important and the past a comfort. One of the interesting things about aging. Not that I don't look forward to the future, of course - otherwise I wouldn't bother with the whole calendar thing! Every birthday we celebrate is a special occasion. Its just that at my age we know our future is uncertain and we live for the moment as much as possible.

So by tonight my new calendar will be placed on the kitchen counter right underneath my present one, where I can begin writing in the things to come in such a short time. How quickly the years fly by.

New calendars mark new, empty pages, waiting to be filled with the stuff of life. I look forward to that very much.

No comments: