Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanks


A few of the many, many things I am so grateful for:

1. First and foremost, family and friends. They are what makes life worth the living.
2. A community that is not only beautiful, but embracing and protective. A community that cares.
3. Health. More appreciated now than ever at this age!
4. A busy life.
5. A relationship with God that keeps me centered, gives me purpose, and helps me grow.
6. Humor and good times.
7. A country where discourse and disagreement are not only encouraged, but protected.
8. Friends who can engage in discourse without anger or bitterness.
9. The ability to learn from my mistakes.
10. Parents who taught me how to survive in the world.
11. Enough money to pay the bills and dress myself but not enough to allow me to lose sight of humility and work ethic.
12. Music, which has helped me define myself for all these years.

Well, that's only some of what I have in my heart on this Thanksgiving day. No doubt there is more! Because once we sit and think about our blessings, the negatives in our lives quickly disappear.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: