Sunday, November 29, 2015

Quiet

So the house is quiet today. Since Wednesday we've had no less than seven people in the house-at times as many as sixteen. Family was in and out all week-mostly in-which was hectic and crazy and really wonderful. We enjoyed every minute of it.

This morning the travelers pulled out of the driveway and we waved to them until the car was out of sight. I hated to see them go, as always. But there was work to do and we've been at it all day now. There are multiple loads of laundry and lots of vacuuming and picking up to do. I've cleaned out the fridge, tossing the leftovers that sustained us all week but will no longer be used. I need room now for other things.

I've finished up the wrapping so that's been crossed off my list. And I need to start cookie baking. Not sure that will happen today, but at the very least I shall start thinking about it.

One holidays now passed, but another is right on its heels. Time to buckle down and get things organized. Today is the beginning of Christmas for me. And am more than happy to say "Bring it on!"

No comments: