Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thursday

I had a good mental health day today.

Today was one of those rare days when I had nothing on my calendar. All day. My first note is for dinner at a friends at 6:00. This kind of day rarely happens. In fact, tomorrow I have appointments all over the calendar, two at the exact same time, which is always a challenge.

But today...nothing. So "Great!" I thought. I need to get some ambulance calls in and I have things to do at home, so it will be a home day. I slept until 6:30, got up and leisurely read the newspaper, and then pulled out a sewing project I have for Christmas. I opened up the drop-leaf table and began the tedious process of laying out the many small pattern pieces. It took most of the morning to get all the pieces pinned and then cut out of the multiple pieces of fabric needed for this project (gifts for four of the grandchildren). Then I had time for some office work out at the computer before a late lunch.

The afternoon was spent working on a clerical project I'm doing ... and waiting for an ambulance call.   Naturally, the entire day went by, until 4:00, without a 911 call. At that point I couldn't go, naturally, because there wouldn't be enough time to get home and dressed to go to dinner-the only thing on my schedule. Figures.

So I never got to make an ambulance call. But I feel more relaxed than I have in weeks. It was a good day.

No comments: