Sunday, October 11, 2015

The best

Today was the best. What a glorious day to be alive, to be living in East Hampton, and to be able to get out and enjoy it. I am triply blessed.

Today was our first Sunday back on our "Sunday lunch" schedule. My family has been gathering for lunch every Sunday since my mother started having us all over when we were newly married. It was a chance for us to connect with family, get to know each other's children, share the lives we were living-it was a real gift my mother gave us. Now, with Mom gone, we have tried to keep the tradition alive and we get together on Sundays to share a meal. I'm not sure how often I'd see my siblings if it weren't for this tradition, and I know it would be more difficult to know my grand nieces and nephews without it. Life is too busy these days, and sometimes it's nice to step off the treadmill and get reacquainted with the people who are important to us.

And today, we were able to sit outside on our deck and share a meal. In the sunshine. On a gorgeous October day on the beautiful East End of Long Island. And life is good.

No comments: