Friday, October 2, 2015

Storms

We are in the midst of a series of storms and it's been raining on and off for two days. By next week we should have had enough rain to nearly wipe out the deficit we've had all summer. We are getting lots of rain in a very short time. Hopefully my basement won't be flooded.

The rain has been coming down all day and at times it's been in sheets. I was home with kids all day so I was able to observe it all from the comfort of my living room, watching the puddles form and the flower pots fill up with water. At least it didn't keep me awake overnight the way it did the night before. It came down so heavily the sound was incredible and by 5am I simply climbed out of bed and got dressed for the day. We'll see what happens tonight.

If all this sounds depressing, it isn't we needed the rain, and I enjoy an occasional dark and stormy day. Plus, it seems as though we're going to be dodging a big one as the hurricane working its way in this direction is now predicted to head out to sea before reaching us, as opposed to earlier predictions that had it moving right over us. That's something to be very grateful for.

Well, a few more days of this kind of weather isn't all that hard to take. Because life is good. And I've lived long enough to see another fall.

No comments: