Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tumble weeds indeed

Today is what we call "Tumbleweed Tuesday" around here and it certainly lived up to its name. It was such a treat after a long weekend of too much traffic and too many people, and I soaked it all in.

Driving to Southampton early was so nice with no serious back-ups of incoming traffic. Heading east again at 10:00 I was pleased to be able to stay on Route 27 instead of heading off on the back roads, as there was no line of traffic trying to crawl through Water Mill. We slowed down, but we never stopped.

I met someone for lunch in the village once home, and lo and behold, the parking lot was only about half full. I parked right in front of the restaurant. There were seats to be had with no wait, and there was no problem pulling onto Newtown Lane when I left to go home. There was no traffic backed up in front of the house all day, not even during "rush hour".

I love September.

No comments: