Thursday, September 10, 2015

Rain, rain, rain!

Finally, after all these month, we have rain. Real rain. Thunder, lightening, puddling type rain that is much needed.

I made a quick trip to Riverhead today with my daughter, enjoying the fact that we had only a few showers and there was very little traffic to deal with. We visited Costco and Target, and stopped on the way home in Southampton for lunch. It was a nice opportunity to chat with her (we don't have a lot of time alone together these days) and I was able to pick up a few necessities so it was a nice day.

When we got home about 1:30 I went to work on some administrative stuff and caught up on my paperwork....and the skies opened. It poured. It thundered. And the lightening was frequent. Our field across the street flooded and the ground soaked it all up and it felt good to know we had rain at last.

Sadly, tonight is a party which will be badly effected by this weather, but the rain is so badly needed that I really don't even mind. As I watch it right now pouring outside my windows, with its soothing sound and steady, unrelenting force, I'm smiling.

No comments: