Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Heat

I was a little startled this morning to walk out in the morning air and feel the chill. I love having a chill in the morning, but I just wasn't prepared for it. I knew the temperature was going to be in the 70s  so I was dressed for that weather, but driving through the village I realized I was cold. So for the first time in months, I turned on the heat.

It only took a few minutes to take the chill off and I was able to turn the dial to "off" again, and in fact later in the day I used the a/c for a few minutes to cool things down, but that early need for some warm air seemed a watershed moment. The season is changing.

I welcome the autumn. Especially on days like today where I need to carefully plan my layering options and dress to be comfortable throughout. The sun was shining, the world was glowing with the sunlight of late September, and life seemed rosy and fine. Pumpkins are appearing along the roadsides, and there are parking spaces everywhere. Ah, yes. I'm a happy camper.

No comments: