Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday

I'm leaving town tomorrow. It's time for a visit with the grandchildren in Pennsylvania so  Grandma is going to spend a week there. I do so with mixed feelings.

It's beautiful here this time of the year-my favorite time for sure. It's beautiful in Pennsylvania too though. I love the time with my daughter's family. But there are always things here I miss out on when I'm away. I always have conflicts and I always want to be both places at once.

So it's Friday-the beginning of a week away. Tomorrow I'll see the people I'm missing. And I'll miss the ones who are here. So I've come to the conclusion that the only solution is a completely selfish and impractical one. They just need to move here where we are. That's all!

Early to bed tonight because we hope to get on the road nice and early in the morning. Can't wait to get there. Can't wait to get back home. Life is certainly full of conflicted emotions, isn't it?

Road trip time.


No comments: