Monday, September 28, 2015

Chaos

It never fails, does it?

We've been working on a bathroom renovation for a month now. What could have been a three week job is now stretching on and on, and today has been the epitome of the "best laid plans" scenario.

Monday's are my babysitting days. I take my sons three little ones (three-year-old twins and a twenty-month-old) from about 7:30 to 4:00 to save his parents another day of daycare costs. I love them dearly, these special little people, but I'm clearly not as young as I used to be, and three toddlers does make for an exhausting day.

Well I love having them, and normally they all go for naps about noon. So this morning, what happens at 11:45? The glass people show up at my door to install the shower doors in the new bathroom. Yea! Progress! Boo! Naps! Well needless to say I am sitting here on the couch trying to get these guys to take naps, not in their nice quiet bedrooms, but here in the living room, where the workers are in and out, up and down the stairs, keeping the chilled amused...and awake.

Then, as if planned, a painter show up to look at the room and discuss options with me.

So far, no sleeping has occurred. But we do have nice new shower doors in place!

No comments: