Saturday, August 29, 2015

Noise

OK -here is the number one thing I absolutely will NOT miss after Labor Day: noise.

Most of the year I absolutely love living in the village. I love being so close to everything. I love walking the quiet streets first thing in the morning and driving to the beach anytime I want to. I love the convenience of being able to walk into the post office or grocery store or up to see a movie at the theater.


But at this moment, I am so tired of hearing the street noise here at my house. It's a constant thing here in this part of the village because it's one of the busiest streets in the municipality. All day when the windows are opened we listen to trucks, trains, motorcycles, planes, cars with no mufflers, trailers, radios, and now, people loudly talking on their cell phones as they slowly walk by. It's a steady barrage of noise all summer.

So now, after all these weeks of having to put the TV on pause to let the worst pass so we can actually hear the dialogue, I am ready for weather cool enough to prompt the closing of windows and peace returning to my home.

It's time.

No comments: