Monday, August 31, 2015

Mondays

My Monday's are busy days. I babysit for my three youngest grandchildren and sometimes their five-year-old cousin is also here. It's a non-stop, active, fun day that exhausts me.

I remember that exhaustion when I was younger. With four children I was always tired at the end of the day. Often I would fall asleep right after the kids went to bed. I would gamely sit on the couch next to my husband to watch television, but it was a fruitless effort. Today will be like that. I'll be busy running toddlers to the potty, changing diapers, keeping everyone in view, putting them up for naps, coloring with them, feeding them, getting drinks and snack and playing with blocks and reading books....well...you get the idea.

Monday's a busy, busy days. They keep me young but make me feel old.

No comments: