Friday, August 7, 2015

Cell phones

I have such a love/hate relationship with my cell phone. I love the convenience of having a phone with me/I hate being so accessible. I love the ability to take it out and play a game to pass the time while waiting for a doctor's appointment/ I hate that it costs money and presents security risks - who needs that? I love that it is so portable/I hate that it often has a terrible reception and I can barely understand what people are saying. I love.....while, you get the idea. There are things that are very nice about having one. But do I really need it? In this day and age it seems a requirement. I have mixed feelings about it.

So I use it selectively. I often drop it in my purse, but don't always have it on. I rarely have the sound turned on so its more a convenience for when I want it, not for when anyone else does. I have the need to be in control. So it helps to keep it all in check.

The cell is not the only modern convenience I have a love/hate relationship with. But its the only once so far I seem to have under control.

No comments: