Friday, August 14, 2015

Broken record

how is it possible we've been blessed with such great weather these past few weeks? I don't really know, and I feel as though I sound like a broken record saying this, but it's been heavenly and I am so enjoying it. Low humidity, sunny skies, and cool breezes. What is there for anyone to complain about?

Oh, I know about the negatives. I make the trips between here and Southampton regularly. Traffic is horrible, crowds are everywhere, people walk across the streets talking on their cell phones and not even looking. In fact, today, I stopped for someone waiting to cross the street, not even in the crosswalk, and she barely looked up. Not a nod, or a wave, or certainly not a mouthed "thank you" or smile sent in my direction. Really? Not even a smile? Wow.

Yes, it's August....and there is plenty to complain about, should you be so inclined. But I'm not. Because life is good, the weather is amazing, and I love where I live. For me, it's all good.

No comments: