Sunday, July 26, 2015

Winding down

So my daughter and her family have been here from Pennsylvania since the end of May. And this is the beginning of their last week with us. After all this time you would think I would simply be content to have had them with us for so long. So what is this funk I'm in?

I've come to understand that the problem is that these long summer visits get me very accustomed to having them around. I see them all the time, I get to enjoy long conversations and leisurely afternoons. There's no feeling of pressure to "get it all in" during a couple shirt days.

And, I fully realize what I'll be missing as soon as they leave. I know now how amazing it would be to have them live right here, within a minute's drive, so I could babysit, and attend school programs, and help with projects....

And YES, I know I am beyond blessed to have them here with us for such a nice, long stretch of time. But wow, I hate to see them leave.

No comments: