Monday, July 27, 2015

Wake up call

I've come to the conclusion that everyone should have a "wake-up" moment in their life after the age of fifty. Because my brush with death has changed me so much I want to share my new-found appreciation for life with everyone.

This past weekend, celebrating a wedding with family and friends once again reminded me of how lucky I am to have gone through cancer in my '50s. Because I approach, and then experience, each special event with such new appreciation and joy. I sit watching grandchildren on stage or on the playing field, or attend a wedding like Saturday's, and never stop thinking about how special life is, how amazing love, family, and friendship are, and how blessed I am to be here to appreciate it all that much more. I think of my cancer as a gift now, because it has given my life new meaning and great focus. Colors are brighter, beauty is more striking, and joys doubled for me.

Everyone should be so lucky....

No comments: