Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sultry Sunday

Today they are calling for uncomfortable levels of heat and humidity for this sunny Sunday in late July.

Well I knew it was inevitable, but this has been such a comfortable summer up to this point that I suppose hope springs eternal. These are the days that I really dread during this time of the year, and that make me look forward to the cooler days of sun and fun in the early autumn.

I'm grateful to live out here on the East End, where the breeze off the ocean is a lifesaver so often. And I love the beautiful summer sky, so bright and blue, with the diffused light that makes the world look magical. Today that light will most likely be replaced with that famous haze that comes from heat that hangs overhead.

Well the day is young. We shall see what's in store and deal with it, because, as Scarlett O'Hara famously said, "tomorrow is another day"!

No comments: