Friday, July 10, 2015

Riverhead

Yesterday my daughter and I ventured to Riverhead.

Normally Riverhead is a fun trip, and it was fun. I enjoyed the one-on-one time with my daughter, which I haven't had much of lately. In fact, one-on-one time with any of my adult children is a precious commodity and fairly rare! Anyway, it was fun to get alone and just talk for all that time on the road. But the traffic was abysmal. Summer out here has become a traffic nightmare no matter what the day or time it seems. Route 58 was busy. Route 27 was busy. Even Main Street in Hampton Bays was busy. There was a lot of traffic everywhere.

July is here. The difference is obvious. Clearly, July and August have become traffic nightmares and not fun at all for those of us who aren't used to sharing our space with quite so many other people. I realize it's only eight weeks out of the year. But right now, it seems like an inordinately lengthy eight weeks. I am still smiling, but the mouth is beginning to waver.....

No comments: