Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Precious time

Yesterday was a great day. The weather was very hot and humid, but I had grandchildren with me and I barely noticed it.  Which is saying something.

Quite a few of the adults in the family went in the NYC for the day and I had three of my granddaughters for most of the day, two for the entire day and then overnight last night. What a special blessing that kind of time is.

The fact that I barely noticed the heat, on what was one of the hottest days of the summer, and in fact traveled along all the major highways and through three villages during the heaviest times of both auto and pedestrian traffic without as much as a brief moment of annoyance, is certain proof that being with the most amazing blessing in my life is the best time of all. I am so consumed by love for them all that I think about when I'm with them is how lucky I am.

Today will be a total let down for sure. But I will be thinking about the fun I had yesterday for a long time and that will be enough for awhile. Who cares what kind of traffic there is or how hot it is when you have love all around you?

No comments: